Request FOM access
New users must go to FOM (Facility Online Manager) and complete the "I am a New User" form, please do not inlcude any spaces in your username. If you would like to learn more about the use and functions of FOM, please review the User Manual provided.
For University of Pittsburgh internal users, you will need a valid University account number (32-digits) in order to finalize your account. This University account number will be provided by your Supervisor or PI, usage fees will be correlated to that account.
When you complete the form you should receive a e-mail confirmation from the FOM. If you do not receive an email in two days, please send an inquiry to email@example.com.
After you receive the confirmation e-mail, you should request access to the instruments within Shared Research Support Services that you need.
Request a training:
To request a training on any equipment in the lab:
- Please go to FOM (https://fom.nano.pitt.edu/fom/)
- Log in to your FOM account
- Click on the link for the appropriate facility
- The [+] will expand to a complete list of all our equipment
- Scroll down to find the equipment you are interested in
- Click the "request training" button below the desired equipment
- A small window will pop up, in which you may write your schedule availability (provide weekdays and times that generally work best for you)
- Click the “apply” button at the bottom of this form
This process will enter you on the training list which tracks training progress for our labs, and automatically sends a notification to the scientific specialists who give the equipment trainings in the lab. The appropriate specialist will contact you with their schedule availability, for you to attend training based on mutual availability. We strive to provide any trainings no more than 2 weeks after the request date.